Google Analytics 4: The Future of Measurement
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the latest iteration of the Google Analytics platform, replacing Universal Analytics (UA) as the default for digital analytics measurement in GA. In 2022, Google announced that GA4 will be the only option beginning on July 1, 2023.
- Supports analytics for both mobile and web, unlike GA3 which only offers website data analysis.
- The GA4 reporting interface is significantly different from previous versions.
- A Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis, and insights, eliminating the need for a separate User-ID reporting view.
- Improved privacy controls, including cookieless measurement and behavioral and conversion modeling.
Why Upgrade to GA4?
- GA4 offers a complete view of consumer behavior across web and app by using first-party, modeled data.
- Improved machine learning features, actionable reporting, and new integrations help you adapt to evolving privacy and technology landscapes.
- Easier to follow a visitor’s journey without implementing Google Tag Manager.
- GA4 combines web and app data in the same property, making it easier to track and compare pageview metrics.
- Universal Analytics will no longer receive updates or improvements.
Google Analytics 4 is the future of measurement, and it’s time to start using it. Upgrade today to take advantage of all the features and benefits GA4 has to offer. Don’t wait until the last minute – switch to GA4 before July 2023 to ensure a smooth transition.